Boccia England is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. It is governed by a board of directors who are also trustees of the registered charity. It has two sub committees, one dealing with governance, the second is concerned with sports development
- Co-opted trustee of Boccia England in 2010 and elected Director in 2011
- 14 years involvement as a volunteer boccia coach and referee at many local, national and international events
- 30 years experience in the business, public, education and voluntary sectors, including librarianship, teaching, lecturing, and performance management
- Since 2001 has specialised in local government equality policy and law
- A Parish Councillor and executive member of several groups, from local community groups to national government working parties and panels
Company Secretary/Honorary Treasurer
- 11 years experience as Treasurer and Trustee of Age Concern (Milton Keynes); co-opted to Boccia England in June 2010 and elected as Director/Company Secretary in July 2011
- Chartered Secretary and Personnel Manager
- Masters Degree in Business Administration
- 32 years public sector and 13 years private sector business experience, mostly at Board level
- 20 years plus experience of boccia as a parent of two adult disabled children who have competed at international level
- Chair of the Governance Sub-Committee
- A Chartered Accountant.
- Currently working as a Freelance Consultant providing professional services.
- 30 years experience of working in the public and private sectors, notably within the Audit Commission, where she was a District Auditor, and most recently as a Director with KPMG.
- Former mainstream PE Teacher and PE Adviser with over 25 years experience in Special Needs Schools
- Over 25 years experience in boccia, including managing and tutoring on Inclusion and Boccia Teacher and Community Leaders Courses
- Active involvement with a number of disability sports as a volunteer and trainer
- National Boccia Referee, Classifier and National Technical Officer at Paralympics 2012
- Trainer of tutors of the Boccia Young Officials and Leaders Awards
- 7 years experience as a marketing professional, with current experience in the commercial sector.
- Experience of working in a number of small businesses, helping them develop and grow through improved marketing and communications.
- BA (Hons) Communication and Media Studies
- A keen volunteer and regularly undertakes fundraising activities.
- 12 years experience as a sports development professional, most recently as the strategic lead for children and young people for England Netball.
- Prior to this, as a disability sport officer working in schools and the community to develop sports opportunities for people with a disability
- A Boccia Leaders Award and Young Officials Award tutor and was a Gamesmaker for boccia at London 2012.
- Works with a London based disability sport charity supporting with the development of training courses and funding bids