Boccia England is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. It is governed by a board of directors who are also trustees of the registered charity. It has two sub committees, one dealing with governance, the second is concerned with sports development
- Joined the board in 2011 having been involved with boccia since 1997. Also a Boccia UK board member and an experienced referee and classifier.
- After over 30 years working in public, education, voluntary and business sectors in a variety of roles including librarianship, teaching, lecturing, policy setting and performance management, was awarded a Churchill Fellowship in 2013 and left full time work to travel around Europe and South America to study national boccia strategies.
- Now holds several consultancy roles, specialising in policy and performance management for local authorities and other government departments.
- Director of an artisan food enterprise and on the board of the nationally renowned Bromley House Library.
- A keen traveller, often travelling in her VW campervan, also scuba dives, swims, reads avidly and is an amateur archaeologist.
- Chair of the Governance Sub-Committee
- A Chartered Accountant.
- Currently working as a Freelance Consultant providing professional services.
- 30 years experience of working in the public and private sectors, notably within the Audit Commission, where she was a District Auditor, and most recently as a Director with KPMG.
- Corporate Fundraiser
- Over 10 years’ experience as a tennis coach working with a range of players including athletes with learning and physical disabilities and national level junior athletes
- Experience as a visually impaired Tennis Tournament Director and Disability Tennis Network Manager.
- BSc Hons degree in Sports Science with Management from Loughborough University
- 7 years experience as a marketing professional, with current experience in the commercial sector.
- Experience of working in a number of small businesses, helping them develop and grow through improved marketing and communications.
- BA (Hons) Communication and Media Studies
- A keen volunteer and regularly undertakes fundraising activities.
- 12 years experience as a sports development professional, most recently as the strategic lead for children and young people for England Netball.
- Prior to this, as a disability sport officer working in schools and the community to develop sports opportunities for people with a disability
- A Boccia Leaders Award and Young Officials Award tutor and was a Gamesmaker for boccia at London 2012.
- Works with a London based disability sport charity supporting with the development of training courses and funding bids
- Established and grown a successful disability sports development organisation
- Over 8 years’ experience within boccia, including volunteering as a referee, coach, classifier and academy lead
- Previous experience as a charity Trustee
- Experience of generating funding income
- Masters degree in Science and a BSc in Sport Science
- Dan Bentley is acting as Players Advocate for Boccia England and he sits on the Board and Sports-Sub Committee to ensure that the individual and collective views of players are represented.
Board and Sports-Sub Committee
- Current role is as Development Director for Rounders England.
- 15 years experience as a sports development professional, supporting county sports partnerships and national governing bodies at a local regional and national level.
- Thomas International PPA practitioner
- Leadership & Management programme at Cranfield School of Management and BSC Hons degree in Sports Development at Sheffield Hallam University