Boccia England is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. It is governed by a board of directors who are also trustees of the registered charity. It has two sub committees, one dealing with governance, the second is concerned with sports development
- Joined the Board in May 2018 and has a passion for both business and sport
- Mike has been Chair of an Oxfordshire County Sports Partnership has had further Board level experience as Vice Chair and then Chair of the Institute of Directors for Buckinghamshire/Milton Keynes Branch
- He has over 22 years' experience as a Senior Manager and Leader.
- Mike is a former tennis professional, playing at Wimbledon and in the Davis Cup.
- Current role is as Development Director for Rounders England.
- 15 years experience as a sports development professional, supporting county sports partnerships and national governing bodies at a local regional and national level.
- Thomas International PPA practitioner
- Leadership & Management programme at Cranfield School of Management and BSC Hons degree in Sports Development at Sheffield Hallam University
- Corporate Fundraiser
- Over 10 years’ experience as a tennis coach working with a range of players including athletes with learning and physical disabilities and national level junior athletes
- Experience as a visually impaired Tennis Tournament Director and Disability Tennis Network Manager.
- BSc Hons degree in Sports Science with Management from Loughborough University
- A wealth of experience as a sports development professional, most recently as the strategic lead for children and young people for England Netball.
- Prior to this, as a disability sport officer working in schools and the community to develop sports opportunities for people with a disability
- A Boccia Leaders Award and Young Officials Award tutor and was a Gamesmaker for boccia at London 2012.
- Works with a London based disability sport charity supporting with the development of training courses and funding bids
- An active Boccia England member with extensive experience in boccia across a variety of roles, including club lead, official, coach and tutor
- Previous experience in customer service, marketing and research
- Excellent knowledge of sport and sport psychology
- Previous Board experience as a Trustee and Board Chair
- A qualified accountant with experience in the sports sector
- Previous Board experience as Treasurer
- Executive level experience working on strategic commercial financial analysis
- Experience of reviewing and revising financial processes and taking the lead with financial contracts
- Dan Bentley is acting as Players Advocate for Boccia England and he sits on the Board and Sports-Sub Committee to ensure that the individual and collective views of players are represented.