Volunteers are the lifeblood of boccia, making an invaluable contribution to the sport across England. Without the network of dedicated volunteers that give up their time, energy and commitment, boccia simply wouldn’t happen.
Volunteering is a rewarding experience, providing a fantastic opportunity to meet new people, travel to new locations, gain confidence, develop skills and overall - have fun!
By giving time to boccia, volunteers create playing opportunities for athletes at all levels and overall support the development of the sport.
Common volunteer roles in boccia include:
- Coaches (head coach, coach, assistant coach, leader)
- Officials (head referee, referee, timekeeper, linesperson)
- Club volunteer
- Event support
Anyone can volunteer in boccia! Whatever your age, experience or ability we would love to hear from you.
- Boccia England events and competitions:
- Throughout the season Boccia England host competitions and events around England. Register your interest below to get involved.
- Boccia clubs:
- For regular, local volunteering opportunities your community boccia club is the perfect place to start. Use the Boccia England club finder to find out who you may be able to support.
If you would like to get involved in volunteering through Boccia England, complete the following form: